Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that it will release on Blu-ray Guillermo del Toro’s ‘Crimson Peak’ (2015), which stars Tom, Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Charlie Hunnam, and Burn Gorman. The release will be available for purchase on February 9, 2016.
Synopsis: When her heart is stolen by a seductive stranger, a young woman is swept away to a house atop a mountain of blood-red clay: a place ?lled with secrets that will haunt her forever. Between desire and darkness, between mystery and madness, lies the truth behind Crimson Peak.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer and Director Guillermo Del Toro
- Deleted Scenes
- The Light and Dark of Crimson Peak – Crimson Peak offers a stylized turn of the century with carefully crafted visuals that provide the perfect backdrop for Del Toro’s brand of psychological horror. Follow the phases of production to discover a booming America and a dark and removed England portrayed with a multi-layered sophistication unlike any seen in recent cinema.
- Beware Of Crimson Peak – Tom Hiddleston (Sir Thomas Sharpe) offers a walking tour of the many secret spaces in Allerdale Hall.
- I Remember Crimson Peak – A series of interviews with director Guillermo del Toro and his standout cast, Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston and Jessica Chastain.
- A Living Thing –An army of artisans was amassed to construct the Sharpe mansion on North America’s largest soundstage. Witness first-hand and in great detail the construction of Del Toro’s most elaborate set to date.
- A Primer on Gothic Romance – Employing his encyclopedic knowledge and passion for the genre, Guillermo del Toro traces the lineage of Gothic Romance in cinema. Using Crimson Peak as the basis, Del Toro outlines the history of cinematic terror and illuminates the differences between traditional scares and elevated horror.
- Crimson Phantoms – Del Toro’s approach to make-up effects is discussed by award-winning effects house DDT. In this piece, they offer an exclusive look inside their workshop, where they deconstruct the creation of the film’s most disturbing prosthetic effects. The discussion delves into the mythology of these elegant creatures and how Del Toro’s belief in the supernatural informed the design and narrative of the ghosts.
- Hand Tailored Gothic – Costume designer Kate Hawley unravels her collaboration with Del Toro and reveals the symbolism constantly at play in the wardrobe’s design.
English 7.1 DTS:X Immersive Audio
DTS Headphone:X 2.0
English Dolby Digital 2.0
French: DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1